Friday, October 1, 2010

First Post

Not exactly an inspired title, but inspiration has been running a losing race with frustration and over-scheduling has severely hampered my ability to do more than wave at my sewing area of late. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but it seems like the moment I have an idea for something - whether it is a sewing project or a blog entry or whatever - my life suddenly erupts with high-priority, do it right now, non-delegate-able musts!

So, in defiance, here I am with the intention of at least being able to say I made an entry - and perhaps something interesting, should I get so lucky.

I'm a short, curvy gal with a penchant for vintage and historical clothing. I never got over playing dress-up in my Grandmother's fabulous closet. I was lucky enough to have inherited a good deal of the lovely things that colored so many of my fantasies of what it was like to be a "grown up girl". If I get to be half as elegant as she was, it would be truly something.

Collecting and making vintage lingerie is my current obsession, so here is a teaser to kick things off.
This is my current inspiration - intended for use both for underwear (daily and/or for costume occasion) but also for comfy jammies. I love the simplicity of the lines, as well as the absence of under-wires in the bralet. My plan is to start the muslin this weekend so look for pics and notes to come!

2 comments: